A Broken Dream





When I was a kid, I have a dream and the dream is I want to participate in a big project and claim it as life achievement. I always waiting for this project and finally, in 2016, I was invited to attend the big project by event organizer because they heard that I was looking for it.

The day of the event has come, at that time I choose to relax and invite some of my friends to view big project too but my friend moves slowly and still want to talk and travel around places before departing to event location.

Unfortunately, we got severe traffic jams on destination to project location, and my friend wants to have lunch and snacks before going to the event then after that, when we arrived at the event location, we are too late.

It is been over two hours since we depart, We wasted too much time and the big project is already ended at that time. I was unable to accept the reality and I tried to call the event organizer and he says that the project was already over around an hour ago and at that right moment, my long-awaited dream is already broken.

This is partly my mistake because of my lack of time management skills. There’s an old African proverb that says “If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
So if your time is limited and you need to be quick, go alone is the best approach. Because you don’t have to wait for your friend and have better options such as using a bike to avoid traffic jams and skip lunch and snacks.

Comments